Monday, April 14, 2014

It's finally spring!

This winter was pretty awful for a lot of people, myself included, and I'm slowly trying to fight my way out of hibernation. Getting through the ice storm and power outage, the stress of the holidays, major ongoing stress at work, and a resurgence of TMJ pain and a subsequent neck injury meant that I wasn't feeling very motivated or inspired to do much. I started sewing a dress in December and it's still not finished, much to my frustration. My basement isn't heated so it only gets residual heat from the furnace, and with it being so cold this winter I just didn't feel like being in that space. At the beginning of April I had to deal with raccoons, who made their way into my attic over the winter, meaning I may need to have some repairs done to my attic or roof. 

But, one good that happened recently is that I was treated by a friend to a really nice high tea at Toronto's Windsor Arms Hotel. I was really impressed by the décor and service, and by their gluten-free menu, meaning I was able to enjoy cute tiny sandwiches along with my friend. It made me realize how much I've missed by shutting myself in and that I need to go out more and spend quality time with friends.


No comments: